0 Flares 0 Flares ×
Get these simple publicity strategies that can help you today.
Our Guest: Andreea Ayers helps entrepreneurs with a product get more traffic to their online stores by getting their product featured in magazines and on influential blogs. You can find Andreea at www.launchgrowjoy.com
How did you find your first clients in your side hustles?
- Email marketing newsletters
- One of her friends referred her to a friend and she designed websites for the leading hotels.
About her T-shirt business-
- She was pregnant with her first baby
- The few job offers she got, they were really low paying. She wasn't willing to settle.
- She saw a fun t-shirt in a yoga class and that's where her first idea was born.
- Just-in time training
- We all think that people will come when you open a new business.
- The key is awareness - I have to go out there and do something.
- She started selling wholesale.
- Andreea cold emailed yoga studios - about 3000 studios.
- She sent samples for people that were willing to try. Wholesale price and free shipping on the sample.
- People that were willing to pay for the sample were more attuned to ordering more
How did you stand out in cold emailing?
- For Andreea it was all about the product. She showed how her product was unique. She partnered with a non-profit.
- Her product stood apart and made them sit up and take notice.
How do you stand out
- Who is your customer?
- Keep the customers needs in mind
- Personalize it and make it more about them than you and your product.
- Reach out and highlight the value
How to convert likes to $ in social media-
- Know your audience and your ideal customer
- Instead of pushing your product, provide value that reflects your ideal customers lifestyle.
- Go beyond just promoting.
- Build a community as opposed to an advertising platform.
Discussion about Subscription Plans-
- Andreea did a soap of the month.
- Do it for any product that people would use over and over again.
- Explore it and be in your customers life day in and day out.
How do you get publicity for your business-
Where do they find the magazine editors-
- List of editorial calendars www.getmediahappy.com
How do you deal with a no.
- You will get a lot of no's or no response.
- Follow up a week later for a no response.
- A lot of success has come after the follow up email.
- Don't take the no personally.
- Follow up with a different pitch or a different idea.
What are your success factors?
- When clients get success. When she sees people implementing and taking action.
- In terms of products- when people refer or gift it to people.
Did you have any mentors?
- Reaching out to other successful entrepreneurs.
- Ask people a specific question instead of general questions.
- Marie Forleo's B-School.
What is your advice for a first time entrepreneur
- Be willing to change and tweak. Get rid of what's not working.
- Don't worry about what everyone else thinks.
- Be open and willing to change whats not working.
What trophy would you want on your mantle?
What is your guilty pleasure?
What are you currently reading?
Ask By Ryan Levesque
What is your one productivity tip?
Turn off your email and do at least 2-3 hours of work before you check your email.
Be flexible and listen to your intuition.
What would you do differently, if you were given another chance.
Hire someone to help way before it's too late.
Best way to reach Andreea Ayers