Jennifer Love is the founder of Entrepreneurist and the co-founder of Organic chocolates NibMor.
Jennifer started NibMor to overcome a personal obstacle that was an eating disorder. She formed a new relationship with food and built an organic chocolate company.
What is the process of taking a product and getting funded.
- Be realistic about the resources available to you. Do an assessment.
- Go to a farmers market to start selling if you don have a large reach.
- If you have some connections, go for co-packing and get it out.
- Get advisers, people around you that can leverage their experience and networks to get you off the ground.
- Research. Make sure you understand your competitors.
- Go to trade, industry shows.
- Who is your consumer? Understand so that you can connect with them.
- Validation process-Test your product on people. Hold consumer focus groups.
- Find and meet your suppliers – Research/industry.
- Scale your product.
- Ask a lot of questions.
Where can entrepreneurs find the right kind of investors?
- Do some ground work. Start today.
- Investors buy into the person as well as the product.
- Make a list of friends and family to become ambassadors to fund raise.
- Plug into Angel investors
- Consider crowd funding
- Incubators and Accelerators
What are the key analytics.
- Monthly cash burn
- Cost or Revenue per unit.
How can you reduce Cost of Goods.
- Buy in volume. Find other companies that are buying similar products and buy as a group.
- Get into contract.
What skills are most important for women entrepreneurs.
- Mindset. Not a matter of Can I, it’s How Can I?
- Be an investigator, learner. Solve problems.
- Ask questions.
- Be willing to execute your mission. Ignite the passion in others through your passion.
- Put your whole heart in.
- Take care of yourself – physically, mentally, spiritually.
What would be your one piece of advice about funding or money.
- Do your due diligence.
- Make sure you find the right fit in investors.
What trophy would you want on your mantle?
What is your Guilty pleasure?
Chocolate, cheese and Wine
What are you currently reading?
What is your one Productivity Hack?
What is your personal motto?
You can do it. It’s not a matter of Can I, its a matter of How Can I.
What would you change if you had a chance?
Contact Jennifer Love –