Judy Robinett is a power connector and a woman with a titanium rolodex. You have got to get her book How to be a power Connector : The 5,50,100 Rule.
Dispel the myth that women have that – if you keep your head down and you work really hard then good things happen to you.
- Improve your emotional IQ.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help
- Every single person out there has needs that you can help with
How can someone who has no connections connect in the power circles?
- Understand the ecosystem.
- You might be in the wrong room. Make sure you get in the right room.
- Find incubators in your city so that you can get access to people who have the money.
Springboard and Astia are women incubators- help women develop pitch, go to market strategy and make connections with investors
If you are fundable, someone will find you.
90% of high potential start-ups are funded by angels.
How do you build and nurture a relationship?
- Are you coachable?
- What is the value proposition you are bringing to the table.
- Surround yourself with people that are smarter than you, that can open more doors.
Skills that a woman entrepreneur should develop
- Be persistent – Develop resiliance and develop self-confidenc
- Develop the Ask
- Get gritty and scrappy
- Quality Relationship+ Strategy to your specific outcome (be scrappy about the strategy)
- Get the good fear when you are stepping out of the boundaries.
- Don’t be afraid of the No.
- Every resource is attached to a person.
Critical steps going from idea phase to inception.
- Get an Advisory board- Get better reality
- Get a go to market strategy that works
- Be open to feedback and make changes accordingly – It takes 3 pivots with your business model before it becomes profitable – Clayton Chritiansen
How to find mentors?
- Twitter and LinkedIn are great to reach out.
- Get mentors from community, incubators and ask for help
One piece of advice for entrepreneurs.
Get educated and understand that you need a funding strategy from beginning to the exit. Have an exit strategy.
What trophy would you want on your mantle?
Changed the world
What is your guilty pleasure?
What are you most passionate about?
Helping people succeed.
What is your Productivity hack?
What is your personal motto?
“Out of my way, I am going for it”
What would you do different, if you were given a chance.
Get over being shy. Focus outward