Lindsey Anderson is a web strategy expert working with small business owners to help them grow their businesses. She is the founder and CEO of two companies; Web Impakt, a successful web development company, and Lindsey’s Web, an online resource for small business owners to learn about ranking on search engines, newsletters, analytics, social media, pay-per-click ads, websites, blogging, and the list goes on. I know how to utilize web technologies to help small business owners achieve their dreams.
Lindsey’s first ever job was as a swim instructor. Even as a young girl, her innate entrepreneurial abilities came out as she developed software for the swim pool where they could schedule the kids that come there.
Lindsey got into Web strategy. As an entrepreneur by heart and she graduated in Information Systems and worked as a consultant for a nuclear facility. Her first job on the side as a web strategy expert was for a jewelry company.
In entrepreneurship, you have to take baby steps, get the first steps ad first clients and then you could go to people and say this is what I did.
She decided to branch out, doing web strategies and developing custom software.
Lindsey agrees that it is lonely to be in the online business space.
How do you overcome failure in entrepreneurship?
- Web developers are a dime dozen. It is a competitive industry. Lindsey has had times where money is tight.
- Self talk, one day at a time and take those small steps forward.
- Lindsey said to herself, I don’t care if anyone likes it, but i am going to put my head down and do it.
- As an entrepreneur, everyday think -What can I do today to accomplish the goals?
- Weekly goals and daily goals.
- How much work do you get done before you go on vacation? Approach every day as if it were a day before vacation.
We talk about the abundance mentality.
When you are giving, you are not thinking about you, you are thinking of other peoples problems.
Online sales funnel basics
Things can get overwhelming online. You have to review as a step by step process.
Funnel- grabbing people, let them get to know you and get them to your page where you have your information/sales page.
1. Pick a social media channel. Pick up a fb page- a business page. Then start posting valuable content. Content that people will get to know you. People will be able to relate to you. True power of social. Develop a relationship of trust.
2. Learn about Facebook marketing. Target your audience. Craft you message.
3. Sell using the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time give value and 20% of the time direct them to your website/sales page.
4. Mailchimp. Collect email addresses. Ask for permission- I am going to add you to my list, can I have your email .
5. Email marketing is gold.
Converting face book likes into email subscribers
- Figure out the pain points. One you have a following, run an add for those people, just to your fans.
- You have to give in-order to receive. Example Video series, a white paper.
- FB page is the top of the funnel
- Give them something for free and get them on the email list.
Email marketing- people will unsubscribe. Send those to trash..the ones that unsubscribe.
They will be seeing emails, trusting the message and when the time is right, sell them at the right time.
What are the basic conversion metrics we should be looking for?
1. Google analytics right from the start
2. Bounce rate- how long are the visitors staying. High bounce rate would mean they are not staying on your site for long – look at your website and change
3. A/B testing- always be testing.
12 touches to make the sale- fb makes it very easy.
Your goal should be to lower the cost of the customer, the more money you will make.
Know the lingo and general understanding so you can find the right professional for you
What are some of the biggest challenges that women entrepreneurs face?
- Overwhelmed. There is so much online marketing tht can be done. It can get really overwhleming. To help entrepreneurs out, they have created online monthly execution and implementation package.
- Make forward momentum. instead of doing ad hoc marketing, targeted , focused stay on the line marketing.
- Targeted, focused keep going.
- Look at long term, for example, SEO takes a long time.
Take bite sized steps, keep the goals in mind and keep going. #goals #entreprenuer #womenpreneur…
Click To Tweet
Take shortcuts by asking someone.
Take shortcuts in your #business by getting a #mentor. #entrepreneurship #smallbusiness #success…
Click To Tweet
Social media is building trust, be prepared to go for months and months before you start seeing results.
There is nothing called overnight success.
Have business sytems in place?
You are the true creative. You need to spend time marketing your business.
Lindsey talkas about the importance of written systems and automation in your business.
If you could offer a first time entrepreneur one piece of advice, what would it be?
Keep a good attitude and stay persistent. Keep going.
What trophy would you want on your mantle?
The most persistent woman in the whole wide world, that never gave up.
What is your guilty pleasure?
Dateline on TV
What are you currently reading?
What is your productivity hack?
Getting up at 4am.
What would you do differently, if you had another chance?
Get a business coach earlier and join a mastermind a long tome ago.
Get in touch with the most positive and fun, Lindsey Anderson.
Lindseysweb.com – Web consult review
Final Tip: Do Video for your business.